All,
I have a strange problem with new VIA Eden clients.
The clients will not boot PXE after a warm boot. The message displayed is:
VIA T6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter   v2.13 (2002/08/09)

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

The clients work perfectly using the standard LTSP 4.1 kernel (2.4) using pxelinux but exhibits the problem with my custom 2.6.9 kernel.
The 2.6.9 kernel works perfectly in older VIA Edens and other clients.

Once the client has successfully booted the 2.6 kernel, the only way to get it to boot again is by removing the power lead. The Reset button and Power button reset the box but it will not start the DHCP process, just fails and tries to boot off the non-existent drives.

I have tried the following on the kernel command line:
1. reboot=c,b (Refer arch/i386/kernel/reboot.c)
2. keeppxe  (Refer pxelinux documentation)
3. noacpi  (clutching at straws)

The problem seems to have occurred before by others but there does not seem to have been any resolution on the list.

Susan G. Kleinmann wrote:
> On 20 March 2006 at 13:11, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 20.03.2006, 06:55 -0500 schrieb Susan G. Kleinmann:
> > > getting two thin clients (both VIA MII 6000 diskless computers)
I once had the same symptom with some other VIA boards.

> ... but right now I'm asking for some help trying to get 2 thin
> clients to boot at all.
I succeeded by pulling the power cord of the clients and so forcing a
complete reset of the mainboard including the ethernet chip on power
reconnect.

Horst

Regards
Darryl

                               DISCLAIMER

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only
for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have
received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or
photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly
prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and
attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any
person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and
are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and
destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.  Unless expressly
attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the
views of the company.