Thanks Jim,

Will do that.

Thanks!

Jim McQuillan wrote:
Joey,

the 2.6.9 kernel in ltsp-4.1 has lots of problems.

Also, the 2.6 kernel has NO support for NFS-Swap. That's a 2.4 thing only.

I highly recommend moving up to LTSP-4.2, where we have a 2.6.16 kernel and if you need network swapping, we have NBD_Swap.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joey S. Eisma wrote:
hello!

using ltsp4.1.

on Terminal A, i get this:

NFS warning version older than kernel
<snip>
Are you sure the NFS/Swap patch has been applied to the workstation kernel?

It says press "Enter" to continue, i pressed continue, and then it went on fine.

on Terminal B, i also get this:

NFS warning: version older than kernel

but is followed by a repeating "PnPBIOS: pnp_dock_thread: invalid function number passed" error.

im trying to experiment using 2.6.x kernel rather than 2.4.x because i found, for some reason, that 2.6.x, doesnt give out those "NFS server not responding" error more often than 2.4.x.

how to get thru above errors especially for Terminal B?

thank you!

joey