On Tuesday 06 Jun 2006 06:18, Tim Frichtel wrote:
> We have several HP 5125 thin clients.  They work fine, except that when
> you use the mouse wheel (HP USB mice that came with the clients), the
> display scrolls roughly - it is very "jerky" up/down.
>
> The server is a Dell P4 2.4 , Suse 10, LTSP 4.1, 2 GB of memory.  The
> problem is constant and doesn't seem related to server load.  I haven't
> found any error messages or seen other problems.
>
> Here's our lts.conf file entry. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this
> better is welcomed!
>
> [Default]
>         SERVER                = 10.1.1.100
>         XSERVER               = vesa
>       X_VIDEORAM              = 16384
>       X_COLOR_DEPTH           = 24
>       X_MODE_0                = 1280x1024
>       X_HORZSYNC              = "60-70"
>       MODULE_01               = usb-uhci
>       MODULE_02               = mousedev
>       MODULE_03               = usbmouse
>       MODULE_04               = usbkbd
>       MODULE_05               = keybdev
>         X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL      = "IMPS/2"
>         X_MOUSE_DEVICE        = "/dev/input/mice"
>         X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION    = 400
>         X_MOUSE_BUTTONS       = 5
>       X_ZAxisMapping          = "4 5"
>       USE_XFS                 = N
>       USE_NFS_SWAP            = Y
>       SWAPFILE_SIZE           = 48m
>       RUNLEVEL                = 5
>       SCREEN_01               = startx

We have these same clients and we don't have jerky mice.  We have these lines
in our ltsp.conf
  # Mice drivers for the terminals
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_USBMOUSE_PROTOCOL = "IMPS/2"
            # Mouse protocols: ExplorerPS/2 GlidePoint GlidePointPS/2
            #      IMPS/2 IntelliMouse Microsoft MouseManPlusPS/2
            #      NetMousePS/2 NetScrollPS/2 PS/2 ThinkingMouse
            #      ThinkingMousePS/2 usb
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        X_USBMOUSE_DEVICE   = "/dev/input/mice"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_USBMOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        X_USBMOUSE_BUTTONS   = 3
        USBEMULATE_3_BUTTONS = "off"

I see that you don't have an X_USBMOUSE_RESOLUTION entry in your config file;
perhaps this is what you need.

OT  We have some Compaq Deskpro P3 which we use as thin clients, and these
have PS/2 mice.  If you plug a USB mouse in at the same time, both mice work
and looking at our ltsp.conf file, I've just realised why.  So why would you
want two mice on a thin client?  On the teachers desk, the USB mouse in
actually a wireless presenter and the clients are connected to a projector
via a VNC splitter.  The teacher can walk around the room and still drive the
computer on his desk.  XLNT!  Unfortunately you can't run 2 USB mice on the
HP 5125s.  Ah well
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation