On Tue, June 6, 2006 6:44 am, Krishna Murphy wrote:
> Alistair-
>
> I have a Geode 1750 processor on a M7VIG-400 motherboard, which has PXE
> boot options. I had a bit of trouble getting it going. What I had to do,
> mainly, was set some X parameters for the video. What motherboard/video
> are you using?
>
> -Krishna
>
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Alistair Crust wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have managed to figure out the reason we cannot get a custom ltsp
> kernel to boot off our wyse winterms. Etherboot support in the kernel!

"Etherboot support in the kernel" ????

There's no such thing.

For LTSP, we build the kernel and the initramfs.

For PXE, we place those 2 files in /tftpboot/lts/2.6.16-1-ltsp-2/

For Etherboot, we use the mknbi-linux command to combine them together
into 1 file and include some extra stuff that Etherboot needs.

This doesn't do anything to the original kernels.

If the Wyse is using PXE to boot, it should be grabbing the kernel and the
initramfs and using that.

Again... There's no such thing as "Etherboot support in the kernel"

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]