kedd 13 június 2006 01.06 dátummal David Johnston ezt írta:
> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 12:52 +0200, Stefán István wrote:
> > csütörtök 01 június 2006 18.11 dátummal Chris Fanning ezt írta:
> > > Perhaps it isn't a LTSP issue.
> > > I think that if you've got (even some) of your desktop on the
> > > terminal, that means the xserver is working.
> > > If you get the same problem when logging on at your server, then it's
> > > more likely to be a kde issue.
> > >

> > I don't think it's a kde issue because these  things happen only on two
> > machines (we have about 15 clients). They both Epia based machines.
> > Another symptom now is that X restarts sometimes or the border of the
windows
> > disappeares and nothing can be done except alt+ctrl+backspace.
>
> This sounds like a memory problem on the client.  X will behave this way
> if it runs out of memory.  Enable network swapping for these clients.

The client has 64MB of memory from which the video cards strips 8MB. On other
clients this amount of RAM is always enough (we don't use local apps on the
clients). Besides, yesterday I changed one of these clients to an old one
([EMAIL PROTECTED], 48MB EDO RAM) and this old machine hasn't produced those
errors
yet.
But it still could be a memory problem, now I'm running a memory tester on the
client to see if it's wrong.
It also could be an X video driver problem, doesn't it? If memory is ok, I
will try to change to vesa driver.

Thanks,
Istvan