Jim

While I'm really suspicious of lbuscd it is really strange that
you can not reproduce the problem.

I'm running debian sarge with a few things from backports and having problems.

Feel silly asking this but are you testing from a fresh install of ltsp on your server?
I rather doubt if you do while your working on it. At least I wouldn't ;-)

If the terminal installs are the same pretty much has to be something from the server messing up the terminal.

Not media but I'm still perplexed why the ltsp nasd will not startup for me but putting in the sarge version does work. Very strange as I assume at boot time when it loads there is no attempt by nasd on the terminal to communicate with the server.

John

Jim McQuillan wrote:

It seems that lbuscd, running on the client, gets hung in an odd state, and refuses to accept new connections after the first one.

What makes this so hard for us to figure out, is that it works perfectly for us (Scott and me). So, it's awfully hard to debug something that doesn't appear broken. But, there's been a number of people reporting this as a problem. It also seems that most people (maybe all) that are having trouble aren't running Ubuntu or Debian, as we are. So, I'll probably have to build a Suse or FC box to do some testing. Technically, that's not a problem. it's just there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I need to do.

There has been a posting to the LTSP bugzilla in the last couple of days, showing a problem with a 'double free' in lbuscd. That might actually be a clue as to what's going on. I'll have to look closely at that.

I hope to spend some serious time on the lbuscd/lbussd issues while we're in Paris for the ubuntu developers meeting starting on the 18th. Hopefully, we'll come out of the other side of that, with a working solution.

Jim.

begin:vcard
fn:John McMonagle
n:McMonagle;John
org:Advocap Inc
adr;dom:;;2929 Harrison St;Oshkosh;WI;54936
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
tel;work:920-426-0150
x-mozilla-html:FALSE