Jim McQuillan wrote:
> Are you sure the thin client is actually using that driver?
>
> What do you have set in lts.conf, for 'XSERVER' ?
>
> Try setting 'XSERVER = via'
>
> That should force it to use that driver.

You were quite right, the client was using "auto" server (and I have no
idea which one it took). But setting that to "via" like you suggested,
does not work. In fact, after booting when the client starts X, it only
displays blinking vertical stripes and nothing else. This happend with
both via drivers (the one supplied with LTSP 4.2 and the one of the
link from Veli-Matti's mail). The board is a Via Epia Eden with a 533
MHz Samuel CPU inside. At home I have a Via Epia Eden CL-6000 with a
600 MHz Samuel2 CPU inside and I now for sure that this uses the
via/unichrome driver. Hm.

--
Stefan Bellon