You will not be able to run a softphone on a server and displayed on a
terinal.  I'm not sure if ESD can do recording at all, and it's probably
not a good idea to do it over the network.

It's not really all that hard to get a softphone running locally on the
terminals, and the Linux Journal article should help you do so.  You
might want to try Kiax rather than KPhone, though, as IAX2 clients are
more tolerant of NATs than SIP clients.

--
-Michael George
 Ideal Solutions, LLC