Am Samstag, den 24.06.2006, 21:53 +0000 schrieb Vidyaratha Kissoon:
> Hi all
> I am trying to use a compaq presario 9240. It is not booting from the
> Universal floppy, I am getting a series of messages including
> pci_init: no BIOS32 detected
> The card is a 3 com card
> Please advise
> Thanks
> Vidya

Please try getting Etherboot floppies for that specific card. Use
romomatic.net, and retrieve a floppy for the 3com card family you have.

For floppy usage, all 3c90x:* types are identical, their subtypes only
differ for different PCI ids, which is only important for burning ROMs.
If you do not know which 3com model it is, that makes about 5 floppies
to test.

A general hint in using network cards with etherboot: Turning _OFF_
Plug&Pray, wherever possible, mostly helps.

The "no BIOS32" error means you should try setting the CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT
option (in "Configure...") - way down the page. Leave the rest on
defaults for now. Etherboot can do the job that a proper BIOS should
have done in the first place, initialising PCI and stuff.

If all this does not lead you anywhere, please report back with the
following information:

Exact card model
Options used in Romomatic (those that are not default)
Etherboot version (latest recommended ;-)
All output given
If applicable, card settings (jumper etc)

Regards
Anselm