On Fri, June 30, 2006 11:46 am, Hieromonk Peter wrote:
> Thank you very much.  Unfortunately, the call center article was about
> kphones, not Skype.
>
> I briefly tried esddsp with Skype, and it didn't work.  I'll keep trying
> it,
> though, with Skype and with other programs.  I really appreciate the tip.
>
> Would it help if I put a sound card in the server?

esd doesn't support full duplex audio, which you'll definately need, if
you want to run a voip client on the server, and have your headset plugged
into the client.  In fact, even if it did support that, i've been told by
some people who are very knowledgeable in the audio world that trying to
run a voip client on a server, and display it on a thin client is a bad
idea.  The latency would be noticeable.

I think the proper way to run a voip client in a thin client environment
is to run the program ON the thin client.

And, as for your question about having a sound card in the server, it
wouldn't help at all.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]