Ok, after just posting that the wiki addresses sound, I can't find a solution
to the following.

1) boot thin client
2) user1 logs on, and sound works, and then user1 logs off.
3) user2 logs on to same thin client, and sound does not work
4) user1 log back on and sound still works

So ... a permission issue somewhere, but where?

If I reboot the thin client, then sound works for user2 provided they are the
first to log on.  This is very repeatable.  What file/pipe is getting locked by
the first user to use sound?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School