On Thu, July 20, 2006 1:21 pm, Krishna Murphy wrote:
> Sudev-
>
> I think that's the consensus; besides, with terminal hardware selling for
> ~$5 on eBay, it's not worth messing with systems that old.

I dissagree.

If that's the hardware he has, and the users are currently used to running
windows-95 or 98, then they will be VERY happy using them as thin clients
with LTSP.

Maybe they can only do 800x600 resolution.

Maybe they have to run Icewm or Xfce, instead of the fancy desktop
environments.

Maybe they have to turn on Swap over NBD.

Still, it's way better than having nothing at all.

There's no point in throwing them away.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]