well, there are several solutions, depending on how "nice" you would be the traffic to be.

Since i have some experience in this area, there are several applications to try.
Each of them are ok, because the workstation behave like a "normal" workstation, so here they are:
ipfm - a little old, but it does the job, and it's damn fast, i mean, almost no cpu usage.
scr_ipfm - tool for ipfm to show graphs in a web page
(you always can combine ipfm with mrtg/cacti, and you'll have even more controll)
bandwidthD - nice one, but this one is a little more CPU stressfull.

for even more , you can try blackbox  (blackbox.tuiasi.ro) or mISP (www.bronet.ro)