I have a bunch of  older  (1999 bios) pcs with the same problem.
Acted the same with usb keyboard.
A bios upgrade fixed it. Improved usb support also.
Experimenting with the settings found that if I tuned on acpi support
the problem came back.
So you may want to try turning off acpi in the bios.

John

--
John McMonagle
IT Manager