Hi there,
> 3) Some terminals have a looong boot time because they get stuck in nfs
> for a while (some timeouts) how can i solve this?

I had this problem yesterday when I was trying to set up a ten-year-old
Compaq Deskpro 2000 with a 3Com 3C509B ISA NIC. I found the answer on

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/NFS#Solution_when_using_Etherboot

As I also had to identify the ISA card (MAC address 00:50:04:2E:f4:01 I
added this section to the end of my dhcpd.conf file:

host rinaldi{
    hardware ethernet 00:50:04:2E:f4:01;
    option option-128 e4:45:74:68:00:00;
    option option-129 "NIC=3c509 MOPTS=nolock,ro,wsize=2048,rsize=2048";
}

To get the display working I also had to add this section to my lts.conf
file:

[00:50:04:2e:f4:01]
        XSERVER            = vesa

--
Fr Patrick Sherlock SDB (GBR Provincial Secretary)
Salesian House, 266 Wellington Road North, STOCKPORT SK4 2QR

Salesians of Don Bosco UK is a Registered Charity (No. 233779)