>Tom,

>Show us a copy of your dhcpd.conf file, and we can probably help you get it
>>figured out.
>Jim McQuillan
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Tom Denman wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am having a problem finishing the setup and testing of LTSP on a two
> >node system Server (DHCP ENABLED) > <Crossover Cable> > PC Equipped with
> >AOpen.....

Hi Jim,
    Some good news anyway, I am getting an allocation just fine now and it
EVEN begins a download of "/tftboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.6.17.3-ltsp-1".
   However the problem now is that I left it running all weekend and it
doesn't seem to have progressed beyond that prompt, except to tick off
about a dozen dots following the line at some interval. What I will point
out is that I didn't run any of the mknbi stuff yet, I just pointed to a
file the ltsp-utils or ltspadmin placed apparently in the tftpboot
directory, figuring it would at least show me if I was getting past the
point where the allocation got acked by the client and bigger things began
to unfold. It looks like it has, but that perhaps I need to "tag" the kernel
as described in the documentation. Either that or I just have some plumb
wrong in regard to what I should be feeding to the client.

Here's my dhcpd.conf:
# dhcpd.conf

ddns-update-style             ad-hoc;

option subnet-mask            255.255.255.0;
option broadcast-address      192.254.1.255;
option routers                192.254.1.244;
option domain-name-servers    192.254.1.244;
option domain-name            "your_domain.org";   # You really should fix
this
option option-128 code 128 = string;
option option-129 code 129 = text;

get-lease-hostnames           true;

next-server                   192.254.1.244;
option root-path              "192.254.1.244:/opt/ltsp/i386";

subnet 192.254.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
   range   192.254.1.100   192.254.1.199;
   if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient" {
       filename "/lts/2.6.16.1-ltsp-1/pxelinux.0";
   }
   else{
       filename "/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.6.17.3-ltsp-1";
   }
}
#
# If you need to pass parameters on the kernel command line, you can
# do it with option-129.  In order for Etherboot to look at option-129,
# you MUST have option-128 set to a specific value.  The value is a
# special Etherboot signature of 'e4:45:74:68:00:00'.
#
# Add these two lines to the host entry that needs kernel parameters
#
#option option-128     e4:45:74:68:00:00;       # NOT a mac address
#option option-129     "NIC=ne IO=0x300";
#

And Here's my ltsp.conf:
:
#
# Configuration variables for LTSP
#
# This file is for server configuration entries.
# This is NOT where the configuration entries for the
# workstations belong.  If you want to set configuration
# entries for a workstation, do that in ${LTSP_DIR}/i386/etc/lts.conf
#
LTSP_DIR=/opt/ltsp-4.2
PKG_SOURCE=http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/ltsp-4.2/
HTTP_PROXY=none
FTP_PROXY=none
LTSP_ETH_INTERFACE=eth0
DISABLE_CONSOLE_X=N

And here's lts.conf:
#
# Copyright (c) 2003 by James A. McQuillan (McQuillan Systems, LLC)
#
# This software is licensed under the Gnu General Public License.
# The full text of which can be found at http://www.LTSP.org/license.txt
#
#
# Config file for the Linux Terminal Server Project (www.ltsp.org)
#

[Default]
       SERVER             = 192.254.1.244
       XSERVER            = auto
       X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
       X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
       X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
       X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
       USE_XFS            = N
       SCREEN_01          = startx

   For my part, I am going back to the wiki to see if I can gain a better
understanding of what needs to be loaded sown to the client post/dhcp
allocation. I am sort of thinking that the problem is what I am telling it
to hand off to the client, but just not sure. I was at least somewhat under
the impression that the pre-made files (vmlinuz-2.6.17.3-ltsp-1) would get
me somewhere further down the road. But no matter, this is a good bit more
encouraging. Would love to hear any feedback at all as I am sure it'll help
my understanding of the process here.
Thanks,
Tom

Tom Denman