Thanks Joe, responses below:

> Sure.  First, check the lts.conf to make sure he's using the same ltsp
> kernel as everyone else.

He is. This was set in the dhcp.conf file. Also the same machine is fine
with a different user.

> Then make sure his invisible files are all on par (.gnome, .conf,  . . .
>  basically whatever looks like it might be attached.  there's not THAT
> many files, so you might as well check them all).

Not sure what you mean here. On par as in permissions?

> I'd also check the boot options passed in your dhcp config file to make
> sure his looks the same as everyone else's, though that should be machine
> based and not login based.

All look the same.

> Really, so should lts.conf, so odds are it's somehting in his user
> profile.
>
> Worst comes to worst, just save his /home directory somewhere, delete
> him, readd him, and see if it works then.  restore /home and you're good
> to go.

Oh I was afraid that was what some one was going to say. The biggest
issue is this is the CTO and he does not want to hear about fixes like
that. Sound way to windowsish. ;)

Thanks for your input.

Rich