Jim McQuillan wrote:

> J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
>
>> I have been using LTSP on and off for about a year, the last few
>> months full time.
>> Castaways HowTo in the libranet forum got me interested and showed me
>> how simple it really is.
>>
>> I have the following issue with Gnome and LTSP 4.x
>> I have a laptop connected as a thin client, when I need it away from
>> the office I'll reboot run Unison to sync the data.
>>
>> When I reconnect as a thin client Gnome complains that a panel is
>> already running. the only way to cure this is to reboot the server or
>> run another windows manager like KDE. This only happens with Gnome so
>> I am not sure if this is a Gnome feature or something with LTSP.
>>

> When you use the laptop as a thin client, I assume you've got a server
> that you are connecting to.

Yes  using ltsp 4.2 at the present time, previous versions did the same.

> Are you also logged in on the server console?  Maybe as the same user id?

When I am logged in on the server console,  I am not logged in on the
lap top at the same time. It  wwill complain and ask if I want to login
in 2 places.

> When you disconnect the laptop to take it away, have you logged out
> properly?

Yes

> What distro is running on your server?

Debian testing

At the present time Gnome is not working at all for my account on the
tc. Meaning login will either return to the login screen after a Gnome
splash screen or it locks up.
Other accounts function with Gnome and all accounts function with the
other window managers.

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com