On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 06:36:33 +0530
"Sudev Barar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a guess. How much RAM? This could be the choke point with swap
> usage then slowing down things.
> Other than that with four clients should not be a problem unless some
> one is using chess program ( or similar) which take hige processor
> time slice. (Something with nice settings) Use "top" to investigate.

Right now I have 512MB RAM in the machine

Swap is almost always being used, so sure that is part of it.

Top usually shows Xorg (with ~ 7% CPU and 7% MEM) or firefox-bin (forget
numbers, but as high as 10 and 20%) sitting at the top.  Firefox is
usually at the top once the 3 and 4 year old are on.  (They like
Nickjr.com and such sites)

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org

 Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
 your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
 company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility