El Viernes, 25 de Agosto de 2006 14:35, Jose Fco. Medellin Canales escribió:
> I know there's a long way between this and getting an actually working
> MueKow implementation, but I'm eager to try.
I'm a gentoo fan too, I was build a gentoo live dvd supporting our LTS on it
with XDMCP. I guess gentoo rocks about optimizations on servers.
> As I said before, session persistance is a must, but with this approach, I
> think it would't be so difficult to change the starting command from
> X -remote_server 192.168.0.254 (or something like that), to X (with a light
> windomanager) and then start nxclient, or am I wrong?
No, you are not wrong, I use to hack the way T.C. works, and offer to my
users, a list of servers to do XDMCP, SSH -X tunnels or RDESKTOP and so on,
you can do the same, trying with nxclient, but in my case I was builld a
small (from scratch) uClibc distro to deal with older hardware, and I can
build programs like rdesktop, but without windowmanager, is not necessary
cause you execute the client program in full screen and is the only one.

:) nice idea, I'll try nxclient if I can, but it does not consume more
resources by the compression? on thin clients we not always has a luky
processor.
--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux