On Thursday 31 August 2006 22:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> Usually this is in the inittab file.  You'll want to look for the line:
>
> id:5:initdefault:
>
> It should be right at the beginning.  Replace it with:
>
> id:3:initdefault
>
> That's the way I've always seem it done.
>
> Randy Vinas wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >The computer itself boots into graphical mode, which we don't want.  How
> >do we get away from this?
> >
> >We have a [Default] section on our lts.conf (it's the only section).
> >
> >Thanks for any help,

*NO*

that will stop your clients running X!

Either ignore the Display on the Server (It costs nothing to run: no
processing, memory swapped out) or find [server] type stuff in kdmrc
gdm.conf /etc/X11/files as appropriate.

As Jim said it depends on your display manager AND your distro. If you want to
learn... find and disable, else ignore

James