On Thursday 31 August 2006 22:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> if you have read my prev. postings you may no some parts of the story.
> I am now happily able to establish an ssh connection from the ltsp
> server to a client.
> Now I want to copy data from the server to a local hard drive. I can
> access the harddrive as a normal user via the desktop but how can I
> access the local harddrive via my ssh conncection???
>
> Scott, thanks for your hint how to add a harddrive to the local dev?
> Is this something for the wiki??

Michael

exactly as you would locally. You don't have some commands locally, but you
can easily get eg recompile busybox with 'tar' then
eg:

tar cvzf - /all/my/stuff | ssh ws001 'tar xf - -C /disk/save'

or perhaps

tar cvzf - /all/my/stuff | ssh ws001 'cat >/disk/20060901.tgz'

James