Hello!

I need assistance to solve my problem related to traffic shaping based on
the user ids.

The problem: each unix user (of the linux host) has to be limited with
incoming channel (internet) bandwidth. I need this to implement
internet access solution based on ltsp

As far as I know the best way to shape traffic in linux is CBQ.
But there is no filter based on unix user id (the reason is clear for
everybody -- ip packet doesn't contain this information).

I've found the very interesting netfilter patches at the patch-o-matic:

http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-owner-socketlookup
http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-owner-supgids
http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-ip_queue_vwmark

Am I on the right way? How can I combine the power of netfilter and
traffic control systems to solve my problem?

May be there are another solutions which address my problem... Pls, point me to the right way.

Thank you beforehand!

Good bye!
--
WBR & WBW, Vitaly