On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 07:47 -0400, Joe Auerbach wrote:
> We've heard a few times here that ltsp doesn't work over a wireless
> connection.  My question is: how true is that and how true will it
> remain?  Is it impossible, or just very tricky?  Is it something that is
> not going to happen, or is it being worked on for a upcoming release?
>
> I was hoping to use ltsp for a machine to run my kitchen and running a
> cord into a cabinet seems like a waste.

Take a look at Thinstation.  It has great wireless support, and can
easily be installed to a HD, CD or flash device for booting locally.
You can even setup Thinstation to automatically check for updates: if a
new image is found, it will download it and install it on the next boot
(or better yet, configure it to reboot on its own, so the whole thing is
completely automated!!).

BTW, I recently created a ndiswrapper package for Thinstation as part of
a project for a client. I haven't released the package to the pulic yet,
but will soon (wpa_supplicant is a little busted when used in
conjunction with ndiswrapper).

Regards,

Ranbir
--