Hi,

Jay Lee wrote:
> On Thu, September 21, 2006 7:40 am, Ben Green wrote:
>> Is there any chance this list could be made so that replies go the the
>> list instead of to the sender? I know that the current set up is the
>> mailman default, but it seems to cause confusion and broken threads.
>
> I think the idea behind Mailman's default setting is that at least the
> confusion exists off the mailing list instead of on it.  If you had reply
> to mailing list as the default (as some of the older mailing lists I've
> been on have) you get lots of replies that were meant for a single person
> which leads some really embarrassing and annoying situations on the list.
> Reply to sender isn't perfect but it's the lesser of 2 evils IMHO.
>
> I just use reply all like I did to your message and it works well,

but then the recipients will get multiple copies of the same reply.

*Unless* the setting that's used in e. g. the Swedish Translation
Project list, to suppress duplicate mail on multiple recipients is used.

If this list engine has it, that would be good.

Some mail clients may have a nifty feature I think I saw in Kmail,
"Reply to list". Thunderbird doesn't seem to have it, but perhaps
there's such an extension somewhere.

BR,
Gudmund