Actually, almost any behavior of Gnome's desktop can be controlled
through the "gconf-editor".  If you run it as root, you can set any
change to be Default for all users or Mandatory for all users.

If you don't have it installed, install it.  It is quite useful.  And if
you are using Gnome, this is probably a more preferred way of adjusting
behavior than by setting underlying permissions.

-Gadi

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 08:54 -0500, Scott Balneaves wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:02:25AM -0500, Sergio Diaz wrote:
> > Hi People:
> >
> > I have 2 questions,
> >
> > 1. How disable the Icons Devices (Server Devices) when a Client Login
> > (Gnome, Nautillus, Fedora 5).
>
> I don't beleive there's a way of doing so, other than to make the device
> not readable by the user.  I.e., if you've got a server cdrom, sitting
> on /dev/hdc, you'll want to modify your udev rules so that it shows up
> as owned by root, and chmod 600.
>
> > 2. How the Client ShutDown the Terminal..only appear me the Button
> > Disconnect.
>
> Hitting the powerbutton usually works.
>
> Scott

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Support LTSP!  Buy your hardware at:

        www.DisklessWorkstations.com
        www.DisklessThinClients.com

(use coupon code: LTSP5P for 5% off thin clients from DisklessThinClients.com)