> ssh $LTSP_HOSTNAME TMPDIR=~/.tmp DISPLAY=$DISPLAY /{path to firefox}/firefox

echo $DISPLAY
will tell you the display you are sitting at.

$LTSP_HOSTNAME sounds like the name or ip of your LTSP server.

I once setup firefox as a local app with 4.1 and have recently failed
to do so with 4.2
Soon I will try again.
There is also help to be found searching older posts on the list.

Chris.