Hi,

You can prepare a user's desktop/profile just the way you want. Then
wrap it up in a tarball. Now, if all users of that same profile were
to have the same gid, you could unpack the same tar onto ther home
directories when they log on on the group id basis..

http://www.gatopelao.org/?Kiosk:%2Fetc%2Fkiosk%2Frebuild
That's the way I'm doing it but I know there are other people with
diferent methods. It's just a matter of googling about.

You can also asign automatic login per terminal ip so that users don't
even have to know the passwd.

Chris.