-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eduardo
Costa Lisboa
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:39 AM
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] DHCP and Thin Clients

Hi, Chris. First of all, it is important to say that the thin clients do
DHCP requests at least two times: one during the boot, before getting
the bootstrap file and the kernel via TFTP and other, during the boot
process, when starting the network(ing) script.

What happens is that physically, you have two DHCP servers. And when you
get in such a situation, it is a must to:

- use fixed addresses for your clients;
- ignore unknown clients;

There is an option in dhcpd that ignores unknown clients, take a look at
the manual (man dhcpd.conf) and search for ignore.

--
Eduardo Costa Lisboa