On 10/14/06, Jason Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Liviu,

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Liviu Petcu wrote:

> Very often my workstations got frozen. on their screens have just thin
> coloured vertical bars.

It's likely that your terminals are running out of memory (which is
primary used by the X-Windows server running on the terminal itself),
which unfortunately does tend to result in terminal lockups.  You can
search the archives of this mailing list for more info about the problem.

If that's the cause of your particular problems, the solution is to add
more memory to the terminals either in the form of physical RAM (ideal),
or virtual memory in the form of swapspace on the LTSP server (cheap).
For LTSP v4.2 you set up the virtual memory by following the instructions
on this web page:

   http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/SwapNbd

HTH,
Jason

Thanks Jason. I did the second - the cheap solution :)
Workstations stops crushing so often, but still crush some time.
I think I'll try to increase  SWAPFILE_SIZE to 96m. Is ok?

For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net