From: Flavio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 29-ott-2006 8.58
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Loading some process at boot
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net

OK! Thank you so much, it worked for me...
But this is what I really need: thin clients must boot normally,
giving kdm(and default window manager) acessible from ctrl+alt+f1, a
minimal shell from f2 and ultimately a new X window accessible only by
pressing ctrl+alt+f3 from F1 screen.
I made a script in wich is wrote this line: "/usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg -ac
:1". I modified lts.conf and made my script executable. But some
trouble occours. I get an error at the terminal 1, (it deal with some
missing library also if without my lts.conf modification it does run
properly), I no minimal shell at F2 as requred from lts.conf and got
my X session at F3!
This is my lts.conf:

[Default]
        SERVER             = 192.168.1.101
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "IMPS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/input/mice"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        USE_XFS            = N
        RUNLEVEL           = 5
        MODULE_01          = usbmouse

        LTSP_ETH_INTERFACE = eth0
        SOUND              = Y
        SOUND_DAEMON       = esd
        HOTPLUG            = Y
[ws001]
        XSERVER            = auto
        XF86CONFIG_FILE    = xorg.conf

        SCREEN_01          = startx
        SCREEN_02          = shell
        RCFILE_01          = script

And this is my script file with 755 permission level:

#! /bin/bash

/usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg -ac :1

If I do all manually there's no problem.
By default, I need my Kde session at F1. Maybe I need some starting
order of scripts (startx at F1, shell at F2 ,finally X at F3 loaded by
script)

Regards,

Flavio