Steve,
Yes, this is quite easy to do if your Samba PDC is using LDAP as it's
back end.
Once your user accounts (objectClass posixAccount ) are stored in LDAP
they are usable by any Linux server . There is a little bit of work here
in configuring nsswitch.conf and pam to use ldap but this is well
documented on the www.samba.org website.
If your samba PDC is not using LDAP as a back end it might be worth
migrating to LDAP as there are lot's of integration benefits in the
long. I use openldap myself but http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/
might also be worth a look.
Regards

--