Roy Souther wrote:
> The thing I think is so cool about it is that my server does all the
> work and the terminal is just a dumb box to plug the cables into. As
> LTSP admin's we all know this and that is nothing new but when I open
> the box to show people they are shocked to see the CPU fan does not
> turn because it died over a year ago. I am not even sure if the fan in
> the power supply is even turning any more.

May I suggest that if the system operates without the fans running and
if you insist on running it without an operating fan (not recommended)
that you unplug the fan altogether.  Unplugging them will reduce the
load on the power supply, reduce the heat generated as well.

I've done this on a system where the only noise I hear from it is the
bizzare sounds the Video card makes and the floppy when Etherboot
engages at bootup.

-Joe Baker