I am running a Windows Terminal Server under a headless VMware
(vmplayer)  session on my Linux LTSP server. It runs great with eight
people that use Windows and about another 20 that use the Linux desktop.

My hardware is...
1 x Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro S2882-D EATX 2XS940 AMD-8131 8DDR Reg 4PCI-X
4SATA 2GBLAN Video Motherboard
2 x AMD Opteron 275 DUAL-CORE Processor S940 Italy 2.2GHZ 2MB L2 Cache
90NM HT Retail Box
8 x Corsair PC3200 1GB DDR400 ECC Registered 184PIN DIMM Memory
2 x Samsung Spinpoint T Series 400GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS Hard Drive
3 Year Mfg Warranty (RAID1)
2 x ASUS GIGAX1024P Smart 24-PORT 10/100MBPS + 2-PORT 1000MBPS Managed
RACK-MOUNT Switch
1 x Antec Neo HE550 High Efficiency 550W ATX12V V2.2 Active PFC Power
Supply
1 x Samsung SH-S182 DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL-8X DVD Writer IDE
Lightscribe Black OEM W/ Software

I buy all these parts from http://www.NCIX.com

I buy my 2U rack cases from http://www.plinkusa.net

My Linux server acts as the PDC to authentication the Windows login. All
login is using the GDM and people can choose their desktop of IceWM,
KDE, Gnome or Windows.

This system is smokin' fast! I have two more servers like this that my
clients use one runs an entire TV station with video processing software
and the other is Linux desktops only for about 200 students and staff in
a school.

I love this hardware combination and recommend it. If you buy from NCIX
this is about 1/3 the cost of a brand name server. I don't know where
you are in the world Donny but you should be able to buy these parts for
good price almost anywhere.

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 10:23 +0700, Donny Christiaan wrote:

> Dear Expert,
>
> Please your info about recomended hardware specification for Win2000 /
> Win2003 to handle about 10 Terminal Service Clients using Remote Desktop.
>
> I would like to integrated LTSP with RDP to Win2000.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.