François Patte wrote:
> 1- I have a VIA/S3G Unichrom graphic card. When I use the via driver,
> this one seems to be buggy: although dpms is enabled (read from
> xorg.log), it does not work. I cannot use glx: if I do, desktop of a
> user seems duplicated (icons, images...) So I have to use the vesa driver.

Via driver works fine for me.
It looks like hardware issue.
> 2- Is it possible (quite simply) to recompile the via driver? are there
> some packages like kernel-devel from fedora, where you find what is
> necessary for modules compilation without downloading the whole kernel
> sources? Or, is there another driver which can be used for this card.
>
> Thanks for attention.

Not simply = you would end up with installing LBE if you not use the
latest ltsp-5.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank You.