On 09/01/07, Prabhat Tyagi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do frown upon direct replies and top posting and generally do not
reply. In line posting or bottom posting keeps the conversation
flowing. Many on the list may not agree. I am replying since you sent
a direct.

> I am already using three ltsp servers in the same network but the reason
> behind the clustering is that I also want to use the processing power of the
> ltsp client m/c.

Are you using divided network (and clients) or contiguous network? If
it is latter then auto-load balancing would have been setup mitigating
the limitation of 20 clients per server. The power of client machine
could be used for local applications but in terms of admin and ease
this would end up being as difficult as running individual desktops.

> For 20 clients I have to use one ltsp server, this time i am using three
> ltsp server which are normal desktop pc's (ADM Athlon 2.4 ghz, 2 gb Ram ).
> So it can not bear the load more than 20 ltsp clients.

We support 40 plus clients on single server - but dual cores CPU's
with 4gb RAM. Of course the window manager you use is important here.
In my experience IceWm is best as it configures easily and does not
carry bloat of Gnome/KDE which are much better for single user
implementations.

> Another reason, after clustering I will implement Xen and run multiple
> application servers on the same cluster.
[SNIP]
> I think the openMosix is a good solution for ltsp clustering but all the
> implementation documents with FC2 and openMosix kernel-2.4.XX and I don't
> wand to use FC2.

With OpenMosix your application also need to be mosix aware. As per my
experience if you implement OpenOffice on OpenMosix cluster the user
session die down as soon as the load shifts from one node to another.

--
Wishing you very best for the New Year 2007
Regards,