Hi,

> 4.2 does not pivot_root! It does switch_root on to a initramfs ...
> So you must tell us:
> * what you are trying to achieve
> * what version of ltsp
> * maybe why that version

I'm already using 4.2u4 on a couple of different installations.
My question is not LTSP specific (off-topic).

I want to boot a pc from the network and use it as a server (this-server).
Eventually, if I'm capable, I'd like to boot xen on the thin-server
and subsequent virtaul machines too.

But I thought I'd start just by booting a non-xen kernel as it seems
xen has some added complexity because it uses Multiboot so you need to
use COM32 module plugin with pxelinux.

Anyway, all that's a bit out of my depth at the moment. You know, I
haven't compiled a kernel and booted it across the network yet. So,
even though I have found some documentation on how to compile a xen
kernel for network booting, I thought I'd start with a normal kernel
to get some background knowledge. LTSP seemed be a good place to start
as network booting is commonplace.

I've been scouring the Net looking for some howto's, but they are all
old. Some of the kernel options they mention I can't even find in my
.config :(

Are there some notes on the LTSP site? I haven't found them either.

Thanks again.
Chris.