>  I wanted to run it on the server, but was just wondering of the CPU
> strength of the Thin Client had any influence on the audio quality. Sound
> like it does not. I guess the only thing to be sure of is to ensure the
> audio chipset is supported by LTSP.

More than by LTSP, ensure your chipset is supported by linux
kernel/alsa subsystem. LTSP is actually nothing (its just some
programs/services that have been always there joined and integrated to
work together without much pain), so the one that supports your sound
card IS the linux kernel.

On the other hand, CPU is the last thing that must worry you. Any CPU
can move without problems a single softphone...

If you plan to run it on the server, must have in account that some
softphones don't work well with networked sound (as its said on the
article). That's re reason of all the job to make it work as a local
app.

Regards,
--
Alberto Giménez