On Wednesday 21 February 2007 23:00, Willis, Ben wrote:
> I'm attempting to get Edubuntu to authenticate my thin clients against my
> Netware NDS servers using pam_ncp_auth.so
>
> I have my server authenticating logins and even creating users on the fly
> but the thin clients refuse to work. I assume that this is because the ssh
> session is not authenticating via NCP as well. It will log into an account
> that already exists on the server though.

Servers don't authenticate, users do. I assume you mean that performing login
on the console works, but logins from terminals do not??

> While testing Ive used a simple ssh session into the server with an account
> that does not yet exist on the server. I can see in the /var/log/auth.log
> file that the authentication attempt is made but I get an error that the
> password is incorrect (of course it is correct).

What login manager are you using? Since you mention ssh, could it be LDM? If
so, check your /etc/pam.d/sshd file to see if it is correct and uses the
pam_ncp_auth.so correctly.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |