Darryl Palmer wrote:
> On 3/2/07, *Andrew Ziem* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     I'm trying to run Tux Math on our LTSP-type terminals, but the LCD
>     flat
>     panel says "input not supported."   Any tips on how to run full
>     screen?
>
>     Also, I noticed there is an apparently-useless --fullscreen
>     command line
>     option (since full screen is the default), but there appears to be no
>     option for windowed mode.  :)
>
>     I have Tux Math 1.0.2 running on a Fedora Core 6 terminal server.
>
> Try to find the paperwork on the LCD monitors you are using. Find the
> different modes it supports along with the "horiz sync" and "vert
> refresh".  What is happening is that the video card is trying to
> change to a video mode that the LCD does not support and that is why
> you are getting the message.  Once you figure out the modes that your
> LCD does support you need to modify the configurations for X to match
> it.  You can probably look on the LTSP or K12-LTSP websites/mailing
> lists for information on where the X config files are stored for the
> terminals and how to change it.
Hi Darryl,

Hmm.  In Gnome, I can change the resolution to 640x480 and then Tuxmath
starts OK.  That's strange.  Anyway, I did resolve the problem by adding
the following to LTSP's lts.conf for the Acer AL1714 LCD flat panels.
    X_MODE_0 = 1024x768
    X_MODE_1 = [EMAIL PROTECTED] 31.15 640 672 784 816 480 489 495 505
    X_COLOR_DEPTH = 24

Now Tux Math, Tux Typing, and Multiplication Station all start
properly.  (The first two run full screen in 640x480, and the last
requires 24-bit color depth.)

Andrew