On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 23:26 +0100, Gian Carlo Stagni wrote:
> Ryan Boyes ha scritto:
> >  Hi list members,
> >
> > I am trying to get ltsp-4.2 localdev sorted. So close, but have hit a
> > stumbling block. I am using debian etch for AMD-64 architecture. The
> > devices appear on the desktop of the client but with no contents. After
> > working through the troubleshooting on the ltsp wiki and browsing the
> > list, I think the problem is the version of fuse that is installed:
> In /etc/udev/permissions.rules I have:
> ---
> KERNEL=="fuse", NAME="%k", MODE="0666", OWNER="root", GROUP="fuse"
> ---
>
> and "ls -l /usr/bin/fusermount" says:
> ---
> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root fuse 18368 2006-09-09 21:24 /usr/bin/fusermount
> ---
>
> It may be too permissive, but this allows me not to add every user to
> the "fuse" group (we are a school: many teachers and plenty of students).

Thanks GC. My fusermount permissions are identical and /dev/fuse is
owned by "root" with group ownership "fuse" so I don't think thats the
problem. I re-installed etch on the server but with i386 architecture so
I could use the sarge libfuse2 pkg which is 2.2 but it has made no
difference.

step 11 on
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev#Troubleshooting I get
the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh add block /tmp 1024
Temp
fusermount: mount failed: Invalid argument

and:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh remove block /tmp 1024
Temp
fusermount: entry for /home/jmassey/Drives/tmp not found in /etc/mtab

So the lbus_event_handler.sh is firing off an invalid argument when it
calls fusermount? Not sure where I should look next.

Ryan