an example of what we use...

   # change to [N] to disable sound by default
   SOUND              = Y

   # choose either esd or nasd to be the default
   #SOUND_DAEMON       = "nasd"
   SOUND_DAEMON     = "esd"

   # default sound volume
   VOLUME             = 65

   # Sound Blaster Vibra16    ALSA
   #SMODULE_01         = "snd-sb16 port=0x220 irq=7 dma8=1 dma16=5
isapnp=0"
   #SMODULE_01         = soundcore
   #SMODULE_02         = uart401
   #SMODULE_03         = snd-sb16 port=0x220 irq=7 dma8=1

   # Sound Blaster Vibra16    OSS
   #SMODULE_01         = "sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5"

   ### For ISA sound cards, you have to specify the module to use:
   #SMODULE_01       = "snd-es1688 io=220 irq=5 dma=1"
   #SMODULE_01       = "sb io=0x220 irq=10 dma=1"