Don Robertson schrieb:
 > Bit confused though. If LTSP is reading the configuration files in
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules, why do I need to link to files in
 > /opt/ltsp-4.2/i386/etc/X11/xkb/rules/ files.
 >
 > Alternatively, vice versa.
Iirc kcontrol, running on the server, examines the files in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules to find out the capabilities of the
X-server and creates a setxkbmap command when you choose some
options. Somehow (presumably by some query of the X-server) kcontrol
knows that you are running a xorg X-server on your display and only
looks for the xorg.* xkb-rules and finds none.

Horst