Jari Turkia wrote:
> Official support for LTSP 4.2 is pretty much gone. However, it is
> impossible to upgrade into version 5 for reasons everybody not running
> Debian understands. So I'll be running 4.2 for a while.
>
> When I found myself in a situation where kernel was too old to boot on a
> brand new computer due to various problems, there was nothing left to do
> except to get the kernel kit and make it work for the latest Linux
> kernel (that was at the time, now there is an even newer one).
>
> So, anybody wanting a newer kernel, the LTSP binaries are available at:
> http://opensource.contentbakery.fi/LTSP/kernel-2.6.20.7/
> It may be needless to say, but people at LTSP are not thrilled to offer
> support for that. It works for me, no APIC problems and it even supports
> the MoBo's nic. It is pretty much a stock LTSP-kernel. The only change
> is at initramdisk's niclist, which has a new entry for 14e4:16c7 tg3.

Jari,

Any interest in compiling the latest X.org for LTSP 4.2?  Probably not,
but I had to ask.  :)

I am still having trouble with Dell OptiPlex GX110 terminals crashing
hard when visiting certain Flash-heavy web sites such as
http://hertz.com , http://www.sat-gps-locate.com , and
http://nadaguides.com .  (Our GX260 terminals are fine, though.)

Andrew