I have a different terminal that I set up now...  This one has a PCI
sound card with the Ensoniq 1371 chipset.

I have
SMODULE_01 = "snd-ens1371"

in lts.conf for the terminal.  I can do an lsmod and see modules in
the kernel:
snd_ens1371
snd_raw_midi
snd_seq_device
snd_ac97_codec
snd_ac97_bus
snd_pcm
snd_timer
snd_page_alloc
snd
soundcore

However, there is no /dev/dsp or /dev/sound/dsp.  Therefore, the sound
won't work to the terminal.

I have Dell sysems using the cs4232 module and they work mostly fine.  I
think the cs4232 module is an OSS driver, right?  Isn't snd-ens1371 an
ALSA driver?  Should I stick with the OSS driver?  I'll have to try that
one tomorrow...

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.