On Wednesday 20 June 2007 20:25, mopey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with usb thumbdrives being auto-detected.  It is
> kind of weird, since all my other local media (floppy, cd, hard drive)
> is detected and I have tested on multiple hardware (completely different
> computers) that are known to work.
>
> I have a very vanilla install.  In fact, I just reinstalled the chroot,
> using ltsp-build-client --arch i386.  err, oh yeah, I'm running 64 bit
> ubuntu feisty.
>
> I've been working on this all day, so my "progress" is posted at
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=479555&highlight=ltsp+usb.
> I've also been hanging out in #ltsp.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm so stuck
> it hurts.
>
> Thanks

I haven't tried LTSP on Ubuntu, and the latest release (v7.04) uses LTSP v5 (I
think) which is an entirely different implementation from earlier versions. I
use K12LTSP5 and K12LTSP5-EL (LTSP v4.2) working with local devices *but* my
terminals don't support USB v2.0 (only USB v1.1) so in order to get them to
work I had to edit the "rc.usb" and "rc.sysinit" in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc to
*not* load the ehci kernel module (USB 2.0 driver) because it was interfering
with the uhci module. Once that was done, all my USB flash drives worked
fine.

Make sure have fuse installed and working, that all terminals "know" their
name (and that the server agrees with that name) and that your user's are in
the group "fuse". There is a checklist for troubleshooting LTSP v4.2 local
devices that might be a good place to start with LTSP 5 as well (??):

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev#Troubleshooting

Probably someone on this list has some direct Ubuntu localdev experience that
may be more authoritative.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |