Try df and see what it says.

I have had similar and found there was no disk space on the /var partition.

Don

� wrote:
Hi everybody.

I've been seing some strange behavour. When a user logs into a terminal the X
display on the server crashes and a message telling that the display in which
was running is busy. So it creates another and a new login prompt appears. It
keeps doing this any time a user logs so it uses display :1, :2 ....

Any ideas?

begin:vcard
fn:Don Robertson
n:Robertson;Don