Hi all,

I was using (and still use) ltsp 4.2 which expected dhcp root-path
option in format
"server_IP:/nfs_root_share".
Also documentation refers to this format, but the new ltsp5.0, on Ubuntu
expect only
"/nfs_root_share" format of this option (the previous fails). The IP of
the NFS server is taken from the next_server dhcp option (I assume).
The problem now is:
1. Lack of the documentation, ltsp4.2 and 5.0 are both expecting
something else
2. this IMHO also means that ltsp5/Ubuntu administrators MUST have the
TFTP and NFS services running on the same machine
3. the root-path option can be overridden by a kernel parameter
"nfsroot=/nfs_root_share" but when is the ltsp5 client booting it says
it is mounting using the root path received from DHCP, but in fact it is
not. That is very confusing.

Maybe I have missed something, but now I take it as a bug in Ubuntu
.
Am I right?

Thanks,
Ondrej

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank You.