On 07/09/07, Lance Jahnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I contacted Smart Tech and this is what they said:
>
> "We have not had any inquiries about a Linux Terminal Server before. The 600
> series boards would use the /dev/usb/hiddev as the device driver for
> communication for touch on the SMART Board. You would have to make sure the
> mappings from the terminal server match the local terminal."
>
> I looked and their is a /dev/usb/hiddev0 device when I plug the SmartBoard
> into the terminal.  What changes do I have to make in order for the software
> to recognize the local /dev/usb/hiddev0 device, and would there be any
> issues with making it hot-plug capable?

May be of relevance:
I am running ltsp4.xx on Ubuntu. When I plug in single dongle type
wireless key board & mouse device it is automatically recognized as
usbhid and modules get loaded. BUT the problem is that for mouse to
work properly the usbhid module has to be loaded before mouse module
in the client boot up. If mouse module is loaded first then cursor
moves only in one axis what ever be the mouse moment.
In our network we have machines with this type of mice as well as ps/2
mice. I have not been able to control this behavior (order of loading)
so these clients have to be booted a few times to get the proper order
of module loading.

If smartboard is recognized as hiddev then it could be working but
giving trouble due to above explanation.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in