Erwin,

It sounds like you need more ram, or swap configured on the server.

The settings in lts.conf are ONLY for the clients, not the server.

You could increase the amount of swap you have configured on the server,
but that usually means either increasing the size of your swap partition
on your hard disk, or adding another hard disk for swapping.

Increasing the size of your swap partition, or creating an additional
swap partition can be difficult, depending on how you've set up your
hard disk.  If you used LVM, then it's not difficult to change
filesystem sizes, to make room for more swap.  If you haven't used LVM,
then it's much more difficult.

I think in the long run, it will just be much easier to add more
physical ram to the server.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]